Android Engineer, Marketplace Technologies
Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with millions of registered members spanning 20 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 2,000 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
As Vinted’s new Android Software Engineer, you’ll be joining the Mobile Technologies Engineering team. The purpose of this team is to provide Android support to developers in the marketplace business unit, helping them to develop features faster. You will be working on Android build systems, observability tools and coming up with technical solutions for platform stability and scalability.
You’ll support our Android Staff engineer and other technologies engineers in executing critical platform projects, moving us closer to achieving our company mission.
The team comprises Mobile Developers (iOS and Android), one Android Staff engineer and one iOS Staff engineer.
Take a look at engineering.vinted.com to see what we’re up to.
In this position, you’ll
- Work as a team to shape features that build the foundation upon which our developers build a world-class app
- Collaborate with other developers through GitHub pull requests and code reviews
- Use comprehensive testing methodologies, including unit tests, integration tests, snapshot tests, and UI tests
- See your code affect 80+ million members
- Work with Android, Kotlin, and more
- Willing to learn and master new technologies and concepts
- Deep understanding of key software engineering and Android-specific principles and technologies
- Solid knowledge of future-proof software architecture and design patterns, Android arch, Kotlin coroutines
- Attention to detail
- Understands trade-offs in solutions
- Experience in developing development tools and Gradle plugins (benefit)
- Familiar with Jenkins pipelines and docker (benefit)
- Hands-on experience with integration testing (benefit)
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- 25 working days of holiday
- Newest MacBook models
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
- Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
- A daily lunch allowance
- Private health insurance
- Frequent team-building events
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
- A dog-friendly office
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10-13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
We’ve adopted a hybrid workplace model where 2 days in office are recommended but not enforced. It’s up to you and your team to decide on the exact days you’ll spend working together in person.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
The salary range for this position is € 3,558 - € 6,725 gross per month.