Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with millions of registered members spanning 20 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 2,000 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
Vinted’s Finance team is in charge of producing transparent, high-quality financial accounts, as well as contributing towards sustainable operations and company growth.
We are looking for a Financial Controller with Group Financial Reporting team who will play a pivotal role in ensuring financial control in the reporting processes and the integrity of accounting information. As a Financial Controller you will participate in monthly Group financial accounts reporting, IFRS adjustments calculation, financial statements preparation, financial projects and other tasks.
The ideal candidate would be a motivated and detail-oriented professional with a strong background in financial reporting, also having a proactive positive attitude towards participating in projects that drive finance processes improvements.
In this position, you’ll:
- Ensure financial control in the reporting processes and the integrity of accounting information
- Deliver monthly, quarterly and ad hoc financial reports
- Work on Group and standalone financial statements
- Review periodic financial adjustments for accounting and reporting purposes
- Work on financial projects, enhancing Vinted group reporting processes and improving financial compliance through implementing tools and systems
- Cooperate with finance stakeholders to design and deploy enhanced reporting across a range of areas
- Communicate with colleagues from other departments on finance related matters
- Work closely with accountants, external auditors and other finance team members
- At least 4 - 5 years of experience in the finance or audit
- University degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting
- Experience in work with consolidated accounts and reporting
- Experience in working with accounting systems
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Excellent at communicating in spoken and written English
- Curious to work in a dynamic environment and technology-driven business
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- 25 working days of holiday
- Newest MacBook models
- Free access to an office gym
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
- Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
- Private health insurance
- On-site canteen serving delicious homemade food at discount prices
- Frequent team-building events
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
- A dog-friendly office
*This role will be fixed-term for around 1.5 years.
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10-13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
We’ve adopted a hybrid workplace model where 2 days in office are recommended but not enforced. It’s up to you and your team to decide on the exact days you’ll spend working together in person.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
The salary range for this position is € 3,175 - € 4,292 gross per month.