Director of Product Design, Seller
Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with millions of registered members spanning 20 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 2,000 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
We see design as a crucial element of achieving our mission, so designers are represented at all levels, including senior leadership. As our new Product Design Director, you will join Seller domain and will be empowered to focus on people's needs and transform them into useful, usable and loveable experiences.
Seller domain mission is to improve the success of our sellers by offering a complete suite of tools, services, and support to help them thrive on Vinted. You will join the domain leadership team and will form a cross-functional partnership between Engineering, Product, Design and Data Science & Analytics to define the vision, strategy and ways of working within the area.
Next to the Domain leadership you will be part of the Design Leadership team where you will interact and learn from other design leaders in the Marketplace. We’re looking for someone who strives in a fast-paced environment, and is passionate about the product we’re building together.
When you start in this role you will be responsible for setting up a high-performing design team. This will include hiring, and establishing effective interdisciplinary processes. Longer-term, the challenge will be to effectively contribute to the growth of the Seller area by consistently representing our customers in strategic decisions, as well as meeting their needs by delivering usable, useful products and services.
In this position, you’ll
- Join your product, design and engineering leadership peers in the domain’s strategic planning
- Deliver the user experience vision for the Seller domain, and a plan of how we’ll achieve it
- Continuously align the priorities, objectives and clarify how success looks like
- Ensure high-quality design execution
- Shape the design team in the domain - recruit, hire and confirm the team structure
- Support the growth of the designers, including conducting performance and compensation reviews
- Proactively contribute to improving the quality of design operations company-wide
- Champion Vinted design culture within the organization and outside of it
- Cross-collaborate with designers and partners from other disciplines and domains
- Have an eye and passion for great design
- Are a customer-centric strategist who understands the business side of product design
- Are empathetic team leader who cares and helps their team to grow through constructive feedback
- Have experience building strong, collaborative teams and shipping great digital products
- Are a lifelong learner who continuously strives for knowledge and a deeper understanding
- Are an excellent communicator, including in written and spoken English
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- 25 working days of holiday
- Newest MacBook models
- Free access to an office gym
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
- Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
- Private health insurance
- On-site canteen serving delicious homemade food at discount prices
- Frequent team-building events
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
- A dog-friendly office
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10-13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
We’ve adopted a hybrid workplace model where 2 days in office are recommended but not enforced. It’s up to you and your team to decide on the exact days you’ll spend working together in person.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
The salary range for this position is € 6,450 - € 8,725 gross per year / month.