Data Analyst / Decision Scientist, Seller domain
Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with millions of registered members spanning 20 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 2,000 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
You’ll become part of the Seller domain. This department enhances the success of our sellers by offering a complete suite of tools, services, and support to help them thrive on Vinted. It contributes to the growth of the marketplace and ensures a seamless Seller experience by developing free and paid tools that are useful, usable, and loveable.
As a product team Decision Scientist, you will become part of a cross-functional team (called Nomads) and drive quality of decisions by bringing actionable insights from data. The team currently focuses on paid features and services to address needs of heavy sellers.
In this position, you’ll
- Be your team’s primary point of contact to provide answers to data-related questions
- Ensure these questions are answered in optimal fashion (e.g. in the form of an ad hoc deep-dive, experiment, dashboard, or automatically recurring analysis)
- Collaborate with your team and stakeholders to identify strategic opportunities and answer key business questions
- Analyse identified opportunities to understand their scope and impact (i.e. size opportunities)
- Own the key performance indicators for a team, including selection, tracking, forecasting, and proactively flagging issues
- Enable your team and direct stakeholders to independently leverage data for business insights via self-serving and dashboarding tools (Looker)
- Define the requirements for (A/B) testing and analyse the results of (A/B) tests
- Help to create a backlog with prioritised hypotheses and analyses
- Extensive working experience as a Decision Scientist, Data Analyst, Data Scientist or Business Strategist or in a related position (typically 4+ years of working experience or similar activities resulting in a similar level of proficiency)
- A degree in statistics, physics, econometrics, economics, business or a similar field
- A good communicator who can present complex topics clearly and persuasively to different audiences
- Are able to balance between analyses depth (time needed) and business impact
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and to combine data insights with strategic thinking
- Highly business-oriented and comfortable with iterative processes
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Statistical proficiency (e.g. A/B testing, regression analysis)
- Knowledge of at least one statistical programming language (Python, R, etc.)
- Proficient in SQL and experience with dashboarding tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Advantage: Experience working in pricing & monetisation models
- Advantage: Experience working in a tech company or in a cross-functional product development team
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Vinted we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- 25 days of paid annual leave
- Newest MacBook models
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
- Frequent team-building events
- Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
- A daily lunch allowance
- ClassPass (Gym Membership subsidy)
- Frequent team-building events
- Pension plan with total contribution of 12%, 8% by the Company and 4% by employee
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- An NS mobility card
- The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
- A dog-friendly office
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10-13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
We’ve adopted a hybrid workplace model where 2 days in office are recommended but not enforced. It’s up to you and your team to decide on the exact days you’ll spend working together in person.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
The salary range for this position is € 61,200 - € 75,600 gross per year.