Sneaker Authentication Expert/Brand Expert
Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with millions of registered members spanning 20 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 2,000 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
As we continue to grow, we focus on expanding our authentication capabilities to ensure we offer only the highest-quality items to our customers. We aim to set a standard in the luxury resale industry, advocating for sustainability and inclusivity.
In this position, you’ll
- Become part of a motivated and open-minded 10-person Brand Expert team of experienced brand experts as well as designer fashion lovers.
- Examine sneakers to determine their authenticity and ensure they are not counterfeit or replicas.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest developments in the industry, including counterfeit sneaker techniques to enhance authentication skills.
- Support our Juniors and pass on your knowledge to them.
- You have in-depth knowledge of sneaker brands, models, and their various features, allowing you to identify original from plagiarism.
- You have professional experience in the reseller sector or a comparable industry.
- Your professional background reflects your passion for sneakers and details.
- You are motivated to constantly educate yourself while acting as a mentor to our Juniors.
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- 30 days of paid annual leave
- Newest MacBook models
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
- A daily lunch allowance
- Frequent team-building events
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- Hallesche Supplemental health insurance
- Subsidised gym membership with ClassPass or Urban Sports Card
- A subsidised Deutschlandticket
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10-13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
If this opening caught your attention – we’d be happy if you applied. Just submit your application and we’ll be in touch!