Senior Director, People Operations, Tech, Analytics & Workplace Experience
Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with millions of registered members spanning 20 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 2,000 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
We are currently looking for a Senior Director of People Operations, Technology, Analytics & Workplace Experience to join our team. Reporting to the VP of People, you will assume leadership of the infrastructural foundations of the People function, ensuring we provide top-tier service to our employee-customers through state-of-the-art tech and human interaction focusing on moments that truly matter. This scope of this role includes several critical areas:
People Operations: You will lead the strategic direction of our People Operations team who are responsible for supporting our employees from the moment they are hired through exit. This will involve supporting the team as they establish and execute scalable, automated processes and implement the necessary tools to prepare Vinted for future growth.
People Tech & Analytics: You will oversee the People Tech & Analytics teams responsible for managing and scaling our people technology infrastructure (centred around Workday). Our strategic aim is to automate all routine and manual processes so our team can focus on providing hands-on support only where they are best suited to do so. You will also lead the build-out of our people analytics setup so our leaders across the organisation are enabled to make better decisions every day. Collaboration with stakeholders from other parts of the People team, Data Science & Analytics, Finance, and IT will be essential in achieving your vision.
Workplace Experience: You will also take ownership of our Workplace real estate, facilities, and operations strategy, ensuring all Vinted employees have everything they need to do their best work whether they are at one of our offices or at their desk at home. Your role will include aligning Workplace direction with Company and People objectives including areas such as People (Engagement, DEI), Sustainability, and Cost-Efficiency goals.
All in all, your team will consist of approx. 30 people. As a key partner to our VP of People and a member of the People Leadership Team, you will be a key contributor to the overall departmental strategy far beyond your scope. If you are ready to drive operational success and play a vital role in Vinted’s growth, we encourage you to apply for this position.
- A clear, purpose-driven value set and a great match for Vinted’s culture
- Substantial experience leading people technology and/or analytics teams in large, international tech companies
- Familiarity with Workday
- Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills, a highly collaborative attitude
- Experience hiring & leading teams of 10+ people and a well-honed, authentic, empathetic and effective leadership style
- Solid strategic acumen and analytical skills
- A high level of fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Experience setting up a shared service centre would be incredible but as a minimum you should have partnered with people in that department and understand how they operate.
- Having led Workplace or office management teams is a plus
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- 25 days of paid annual leave
- Newest MacBook models
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
- Frequent team-building events
- Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
- A daily lunch allowance
- ClassPass (Gym Membership subsidy)
- Frequent team-building events
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- Pension plan with total contribution of 12%, 8% by the Company and 4% by employee
- An NS mobility card
- The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
- A dog-friendly office
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10-13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
We’ve adopted a hybrid workplace model where 2 days in office are recommended but not enforced. It’s up to you and your team to decide on the exact days you’ll spend working together in person.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.