Legal Counsel – commercial contracting (French required)
Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with millions of registered members spanning 20 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 2,000 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
We’re searching for a French and English speaking in-house Legal Counsel to work on commercial contracting & transportation regulatory matters in Vinted Go.
In this position, you’ll
- Manage contracting flows, including locker placement and parcel points, in France and the Netherlands
- Review and support the signing of Vinted Go contracts with carriers
- Review and negotiate contracts related to warehouse operating expenses in various countries
- Support senior legal colleagues with a variety of legal and process-related tasks
- Be involved in addressing various transport-related legal issues across all jurisdictions where Vinted and Vinted Go operate
- A lawyer with 2+ years of experience in a law firm or as an in-house counsel in commercial contracting
- Master degree in Civil and business Law
- French language skills (intermediate/advanced level. *If intermediate, willingness to study intensively)
- Excellent at communicating in spoken and written English
- The skills, willingness, and initiative to own legal issues across many different jurisdictions
- Proactivity and attention to detail
- Passionate about technology-driven businesses
- Note: Membership at a local bar association is not required
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- 25 working days of holiday
- Newest MacBook models
- Free access to an office gym
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
- Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
- Private health insurance
- On-site canteen serving delicious homemade food at discount prices
- Frequent team-building events
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
- A dog-friendly office
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10-13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
We’ve adopted a hybrid workplace model where 2 days in office are recommended but not enforced. It’s up to you and your team to decide on the exact days you’ll spend working together in person.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
The salary range for this position is € 2,808 - € 3,795 gross per month.