Senior Director, Content Quality
Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with millions of registered members spanning 20 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 2,000 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
The Senior Director of Content Quality plays a pivotal role in maintaining and enhancing the quality of content on our platform. This position is responsible for leading strategies and operational teams that ensure that content on the Vinted marketplace is safe and compliant with Vinted’s policies and legal requirements. This includes tackling online anti-counterfeit and other harmful contents. The role reports into the VP of Customer Operations.
In this position, you’ll
- Strategic Leadership: Develop and implement a comprehensive content quality strategy aligned with Vinted's mission and member experience goals. Provide visionary leadership to the moderation team.
- Team Management: Lead, coach, and expand the Content Quality team (approx 200 FTEs) fostering a culture of excellence, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Quality Standards Development: Establish and maintain high standards for listing authenticity, accuracy, and compliance with our regulation, guidelines and policies.
- Process Optimisation: Continuously assess and improve processes and tools for content review, scam detection, and user reporting.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with Product, Member Support, Operations Support and Legal teams to enhance content quality and member experience through increased leveraging of automation. Act as a liaison between the moderation team and other functions at Vinted.
- Data-Driven Decision Making: Utilise data analytics to monitor trends, identify areas for improvement, and measure the impact of quality initiatives.
- Risk Management: Identify and mitigate risks associated with listings, including fraud, counterfeit goods, and non-compliance with marketplace rules.
- Market and Trend Analysis: Stay abreast of industry trends, competitor strategies, and user feedback to inform content quality strategies.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- At least 8 years of experience in general management, product management or other relevant experience, with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role.
- Experience in content management or trust & safety, in the context of the Digital Services Act a very strong advantage
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data-driven decision making.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and team management skills.
- Deep understanding of online marketplaces, e-commerce, and user-generated content.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- 25 working days of holiday
- Newest MacBook models
- Free access to an office gym
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
- Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
- Private health insurance
- On-site canteen serving delicious homemade food at discount prices
- Frequent team-building events
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
- A dog-friendly office
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10-13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
We’ve adopted a hybrid workplace model where 2 days in office are recommended but not enforced. It’s up to you and your team to decide on the exact days you’ll spend working together in person.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
The salary range for this position is € 5175 - € 7608 gross per month.