Engineering Manager, IT
Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with millions of registered members spanning 20 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 2,000 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
Are you ready to take on the role of an Engineering Manager? It's a job that involves a bit of everything—technical know-how, leadership skills, and good communication. We want someone who doesn't just manage tasks but sees opportunities.
You would be responsible for the team of 10 people, including 2 People Leaders and a Tech Lead under your supervision. The primary goal of the IT Systems team is to support the organization by managing its back-office infrastructure, providing essential tools for employees and departments, and ensuring seamless integration with core management systems. This includes responsibilities like implementing Identity and Access Management (IAM) practices, designing and building back-office system architecture, developing data exchange integrations, creating custom applications for system integration and automation, and applying information security measures to protect necessary systems and tools.
Think you’re up to the challenge? Read on.
In this position, you’ll
- Grow Our Team: We're looking to expand, so you'll be involved in hiring new senior engineers to make our team stronger.
- Align Tech with Business: Understanding what the business needs and making sure our IT solutions match up. You'll balance what the team can do with what the company wants.
- Set the Tech Direction: Working with our IT Staff Engineer to plan how our systems should work together. This ensures that data flows smoothly and reports are accurate.
- Keep an Eye on Things: Making sure our systems are running smoothly by tracking how they perform and making improvements when needed.
- You're passionate about exceeding expectations and driving the team towards excellence.
- You're organized and adept at tracking project progress, ensuring everyone is accountable for their commitments.
- You advocate for fresh ideas and staying ahead of industry trends, fostering a culture of improvement.
- You have experience leading teams and technical projects.
- You're Familiar with tech tools like Okta, Google Workspace, Slack, Microsoft Azure, and others. We expect that you will have first hand experience working with some of them and you will be able to learn the others on the job.
- You understand tech concepts like CI/CD, automation, system integration, security, and cloud vs. on-premises solutions.
- You know about DevOps and tools like Terraform, Ansible, and GitHub actions.
- You can make sure our IT systems follow must-have rules and standards.
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- 25 working days of holiday
- Newest MacBook models
- Free access to an office gym
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
- Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
- Private health insurance
- On-site canteen serving delicious homemade food at discount prices
- Frequent team-building events
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
- A dog-friendly office
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10-13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
We’ve adopted a hybrid workplace model where 2 days in office are recommended but not enforced. It’s up to you and your team to decide on the exact days you’ll spend working together in person.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
The salary range for this position is € 5,017 - € 6,783 gross per month.