VP Corporate Affairs
Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with a growing member base of over 80 million registered members spanning 19 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 1,800 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
As the VP of Corporate Affairs you will partner our Vinted Group Leadership team to shape our vision, strategy and culture. You will lead and grow a team of communications experts across Corporate Communications and PR in 19 markets and multiple-business lines alongside the group Sustainability team.
Your role will encompass the cultivation of robust relationships with external stakeholders and media entities, providing strategic guidance for the group's Sustainability initiatives, and devising a comprehensive plan to enhance Vinted's public image.
We anticipate that you will leverage your extensive experience in conceiving and executing intricate group communications strategies. Your ability to collaborate seamlessly across functions will be instrumental in crafting a corporate affairs strategy that aligns with Vinted's future aspirations and fortifies its market position.
This is an ideal job for a proven Corporate Affairs leader who wants to use their expertise at a company that fundamentally changes how fashion is bought and sold.
In this position, you’ll
- Act as a global spokesperson for Vinted
- Be responsible for the strategy of Communications at Vinted to protect and improve our reputation globally
- Partner with our leadership team to shape our vision, strategy and culture
- Championing all Communications and Sustainability topics at a Group Leadership level
- Proactively engage with policymakers and government officials to represent Vinted’s interests
- Advising company leadership on public policy matters
- Leading crisis management and response strategies
- Establish strong relationships with priority media targets to deliver coverage for relevant campaigns and positioning for the business that reinforces Vinted priorities
- Lead and grow high performing team of 10+
- Significant leadership experience in a global business
- Experience in creating and executing complex group Corporate Affairs strategies, preferably for consumer-facing and/or technology brands
- Led both corporate and consumer communications
- Strong understanding of the importance of sustainability for business success
- Excellence in complex risks and issues management
- Excellence in creative communications development and thought leadership
- Experience leading a team of 10+ people, including structural, resource and workload management
- A proven strategist and innovative thinker with the ability to work cross-functionally and build consensus
- Calm under pressure and solution-focused when unforeseen circumstances arise
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- 25 days of paid annual leave
- Newest MacBook models
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
- A daily lunch allowance
- Frequent team-building events
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10-13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
We’ve adopted a hybrid workplace model where 2 days in office are recommended but not enforced. It’s up to you and your team to decide on the exact days you’ll spend working together in person.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.