Director of Community Support, Payments & Safety
Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with a growing member base of over 80 million registered members spanning 19 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 1,800 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
Member Support at Vinted is on a mission to help create an effortless and smooth Member experience where we relentlessly strive to eliminate the friction points in our product or empower our Members to self-solve their queries or issues they may have. To support that mission, Member Support has a large team working in the Vilnius office and outsourced partners across Europe and beyond.
As our new Member Support Director for Payments & Safety, you’ll be overseeing a unit of 4 teams who look over payments and safety problems, helping to ensure seamless member care and anticipating potential challenges in order to effectively support global growth. You’ll be responsible for setting and enabling Payment & Safety area to achieve their performance goals, collaborating with your peer Member Support Directors on setting operational targets and partnering with Product, Legal, Privacy and other departments in building a compliant and user -friendly Vinted platform
In this position, you’ll
- Be accountable for the Area goals and lead a group of Managers to achieve Payments & Safety Area performance targets
- Contribute to shaping and implementing the overall Member Support strategic initiatives
- Advocate for our members and closely collaborate with our Product teams on building value services to our members
- Closely collaborate with our Legal, Privacy teams on ensuring compliance and user safety
- Be responsible for creating alignment and connecting people to prioritise and achieve results
- Lead complex cross-functional projects across multiple areas and teams
- Contribute to developing best practices for team wellbeing & workload optimisation
- Drive career development and growth opportunities for your Area’s talent to progress
- Provide thought leadership on new concepts/principles for the Area
- A proven track record of leading multi-focus teams (3+ years)
- Experience in Customer Service/Product management leadership roles, preferably within digital payments, safety and/or AML compliance field
- Great negotiation skills, including working with third parties
- A strong strategic thinker with an analytical mind
- An open and transparent leader with experience in managing diverse and high output teams
- Ready and able to produce results in a dynamic, ambitious, and fast-paced environment
- Excellent at communicating in spoken and written English
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- 25 working days of holiday
- Newest MacBook models
- Free access to an office gym
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
- Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
- Private health insurance
- On-site canteen serving delicious homemade food at discount prices
- Frequent team-building events
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
- A dog-friendly office
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10-13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
We’ve adopted a hybrid workplace model where 2 days in office are recommended but not enforced. It’s up to you and your team to decide on the exact days you’ll spend working together in person.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
The salary range for this position is € 3,533 - € 4,782 gross per month.