Engineering Manager, Member Lifecycle
Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with a growing member base of over 80 million registered members spanning 19 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 1,800 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to join the Member Lifecycle domain within the Vinted marketplace. Working in the Member Lifecycle domain, we contribute to our mission of growing the marketplace and expanding our members and items base. Product features aim to improve our member’s onboarding and listing experience and keep our existing members engaged. We support marketing organisation with the required tooling, and we are a very centric domain at Vinted, coordinating and running expansion projects.
We have five cross-functional teams in the Member Lifecycle domain helping our members succeed. You’ll join one of the teams, reporting to the Director of Engineering and working closely with your peers Engineering Managers in the domain. It’s an excellent opportunity to join an established domain and thrive, making second-hand the first choice worldwide.
In this position, you’ll
Be accountable for:
- Results of a team (delivery management and quality of engineering)
- Processes and procedures in a team (working in right ways on right things)
- People in the team (ensuring that we have great people working in true harmony)
In practice it means:
- Work in a cross-functional team (±7 engineers that you would be leading, product manager, designer and analyst) to shape features that make our members’ lives better
- Ensure team’s delivery according to the quarterly roadmap
- Collaborate closely with other Engineering Managers to bring continuous improvements to your team and our domain
- Apply Agile and Lean principles in your work and ensure the team has a set of processes that enables them to be effective
- Focus on the professional and personal growth of your team and yourself, including conducting performance and compensation reviews
- Work on team’s maturity: team of people who trust each other, are not afraid of conflict, are committed and accountable, who care about results, and does bunch of other great things
- Like getting things done, and done well
- Have experience leading a software engineering team and delivering the outcomes that you are proud of
- Know how to improve team efficiency
- Like working with people and helping them
- Know a thing or two about stakeholder management
- “Embracing uncertainty” is a phrase that does not scare you
- You are not afraid to articulate the following terms: service oriented architecture, monolithic vs modular architecture, tight vs loose coupling, technical debt, etc. You don’t have to know them in depth, but basic understanding will help you perform better by a mile.
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- 25 working days of holiday
- Newest MacBook models
- Free access to an office gym
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
- Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
- Private health insurance
- On-site canteen serving delicious homemade food at discount prices
- Frequent team-building events
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
- A dog-friendly office
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10-13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
We’ve adopted a hybrid workplace model where 2 days in office are recommended but not enforced. It’s up to you and your team to decide on the exact days you’ll spend working together in person.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
The salary range for this position is € 5,975 - € 8,079 gross per month.