Senior Backend Engineer, Trust
Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with a growing member base of over 80 million registered members spanning 19 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 1,800 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
We are expanding the Trust domain and are looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join our team, where we focus on protecting the Vinted community from malicious content and activity. We are looking for a backend software engineer who’s skilled at writing elegant code and likes to work on big-scale projects.
Your main aim will be preparing our product for the challenges ahead, ensuring our members are safe on our platform, and contributing to the Vinted vision of making second-hand the first choice.
In this position, you’ll
- Work in a cross-functional team and shape the features to make our members’ lives better
- Lead team and domain-level initiatives contributing to a safer environment for our members
- Transform large monoliths into smaller, component-based services
- Collaborate with other developers through GitHub pull requests and code reviews
- Write unit tests (RSpec) for all of the code you write. We have >10000 tests, which run in ~5 minutes through our Jenkins setup
- See your code affect 80+ million users almost instantly. Our master branch gets rolled out straight to production on each merge
- Work with Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Memcached, Elasticsearch and many more technologies. We don't expect you to be familiar with any of them beforehand
- Craft the code which can handle more than 2M requests per minute. Monitor your deployed code through Kibana, Grafana, DataDog and new tools that you will introduce :)
- Hands-on working experience in development or operations at scale
- Curiosity to explore and solve challenging problems that arise in backend development
- Commitment to writing clean, maintainable code and designing systems with a focus on accuracy and quality
- Strong inclination to collaborate with team members, share knowledge and foster a positive, cooperative environment
- Willingness to take the lead in addressing issues and driving improvements, even without explicit direction
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- 25 working days of holiday
- Newest MacBook models
- Free access to an office gym
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
- Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
- Private health insurance
- On-site canteen serving delicious homemade food at discount prices
- Frequent team-building events
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
- A dog-friendly office
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10-13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
We’ve adopted a hybrid workplace model where 2 days in office are recommended but not enforced. It’s up to you and your team to decide on the exact days you’ll spend working together in person.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
The salary range for this position is € 4,833 - € 6,536 gross per month.
If this sounds interesting - you may well be just who we need. Let’s talk! Plus, take a look at engineering.vinted.com to see what we’re up to.