Finance Systems Engineer, IT
Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with a growing member base of over 80 million registered members spanning 19 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 1,800 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
The Finance department is in charge of producing transparent, high-quality financial accounts, as well as contributing towards the sustainability of operations and company growth. To keep up with the rapid expansion and increasing complexity of our financial operations, Vinted’s growing Finance team is looking for a Finance Systems Engineer within Vinted IT Systems team. Vinted IT Systems team is working closely with the Finance team to assist them in producing customised technical solutions in order to save time, decrease manual work and improve controls.
In this position, you’ll
- Be automating manual processes for various teams in the Finance department by creating customised technical solutions (e.g through Python/Google Apps Script).
- Work with sensitive financial data while developing automation tools.
- Review, track and update automation needs as requested by Finance teams through our ticketing tool.
- Have an active role in Finance automation working group in order to track automation needs as well as brainstorm and offer potential solutions.
- Write up knowledge sharing materials for various IT skills improvements.
- Other ad hoc automation/self-service initiatives and tasks.
- Collaborate with other developers to deploy projects, receive code reviews and feedback.
- You should be willing to learn and master new technologies and concepts.
- Familiar with MS Excel, Google Sheets.
- Problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Passionate about numbers and technology.
- A passion for technology-driven businesses.
- Advantage: knowledge of Agile, Lean principles.
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- 25 working days of holiday
- Newest MacBook models
- Free access to an office gym
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
- Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
- Private health insurance
- On-site canteen serving delicious homemade food at discount prices
- Frequent team-building events
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
- A dog-friendly office
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10-13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
We’ve adopted a hybrid workplace model where 2 days in office are recommended but not enforced. It’s up to you and your team to decide on the exact days you’ll spend working together in person.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
The salary range for this position is € 2,058 - € 2,789 gross per month.