Site Reliability Engineer (Automation Infrastructure), Marketplace Technologies
Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with millions of registered members spanning 20 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 2,000 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
We are looking for a skilled engineer who will help us take our path to enabling reliable & fast test automation. This includes taking responsibility for our test automation infrastructure and leading initiatives in order to make it more robust and bulletproof.
This unique role offers the chance to explore areas beyond traditional test automation, including automated, self-healing test infrastructure, Device Farm as a Service, predictive test selection and others.
The majority of your work will involve our test automation frameworks, CI/CD pipelines, on-prem mobile device farm, and monitoring solutions. This role is part of the Technologies QA team in charge of Vinted's marketplace test tooling and infrastructure.
Here are some of the other technologies that we use: Appium, Playwright, Grafana, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Kotlin, Typescript, Linux, and Chef.
In this position, you’ll
- Build and maintain scalable & reliable test automation infrastructure
- Lead new initiatives for our on-prem mobile device farm
- Run and manage projects aimed at enhancing test reliability and speed
- Introduce and help establish foundations for new automation initiatives
- Collaborate closely with SRE teams during the construction of infrastructure
- Have hands-on experience in software development or/and infrastructure automation
- Understanding of test automation and CI processes
- Proficient in CI/CD tools
- Practical expertise in Linux
- Experienced with Terraform or other cloud provisioning software
- Experienced with configuration management tools (example: Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- An experience with macOS provisioning would be an advantage
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- 25 working days of holiday
- Newest MacBook models
- Free access to an office gym
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
- Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
- Private health insurance
- On-site canteen serving delicious homemade food at discount prices
- Frequent team-building events
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
- A dog-friendly office
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
We’ve adopted a hybrid workplace model where 2 days in office are recommended but not enforced. It’s up to you and your team to decide on the exact days you’ll spend working together in person.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
The salary range for this position is € 6,542 - € 8,842 gross per month.