Product Director, Member Lifecycle
Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with a growing member base of over 80 million registered members spanning 19 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 1,800 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
Member Lifecycle Domain
At Vinted we are devoted to making second-hand the first choice worldwide. And we know that we can only get there if we invest strategically to be able to expand fast and grow further. That is why we are establishing a new ‘Member Lifecycle’ domain, focused on building and executing a world-class customer engagement strategy. This domain will make a significant impact on the end to end experience for 80 million Vinted users, by taking ownership of communication and engagement strategy, enhancing activation and retention, and bridging the critical gaps between marketing and product. The team will directly own many customer-serving capabilities, and for others will operate in a matrix with other Product and non-Product teams, in particular Marketing.
This is a newly created domain: as a leader you will work with your functional peers to evaluate status quo, construct long-term vision, hire talent, build team culture, processes and domain strategy from the ground up.
When you start in this role you will be responsible for ramping up a high-performance product function. This will include setting domain goals, delivering on already identified opportunities, hiring, and building product vision to guide the domain going forward.
In this position, you’ll
- Own the product roadmap and communicate with Marketplace Leadership Team, Marketing, Community Support, Legal, and Product Directors in other domains
- Drive domain product vision and collaborate with your peers in Engineering, Design and Analytics
- Continuously align priorities, objectives and clarify what success looks like
- Identify opportunities to optimise member engagement
- Hire, recruit and support the growth of your Product Managers
- Drive innovative ideas, solutions and products through leadership and decisive action
- 6+ years of experience in product management or equivalent practical experience with 4+ years of developing people and managing teams
- Experience with self-service/automation tools for a digital business (ideally Marketplace/e-commerce)
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough strategic perspective with a clear bias for impact and speed in product discovery and delivery
- Experience building strong, collaborative teams and shipping great products
- An excellent communicator, including in written and spoken English
Nice to have:
- Proven domain knowledge (Member Lifecycle) - trends, tools, technologies
- Experience working with an extensive organisation (1000+ FTEs)
Our ideal candidate would be based in Lithuania, however, we welcome applications from candidates who are based in our other office locations - Berlin or Amsterdam.
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- 25 working days of holiday
- Newest MacBook models
- Free access to an office gym
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
- Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
- Private health insurance
- On-site canteen serving delicious homemade food at discount prices
- Frequent team-building events
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
- A dog-friendly office
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10-13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
We’ve adopted a hybrid workplace model where 2 days in office are recommended but not enforced. It’s up to you and your team to decide on the exact days you’ll spend working together in person.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
The salary range for this position is € 6,208 - € 8,395 gross per month.