Data Analyst / Decision Scientist, Trust
Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with millions of registered members spanning 20 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 2,000 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
You’ll become part of the Trust’s Detection team, with a mission to protect the Vinted community from harmful activities and content. The Detection team in the Trust domain is engaged in detecting, understanding, and stopping dangerous or inappropriate content within the Vinted Marketplace. As a Decision Scientist embedded in a product team, you will become part of a cross-functional team and drive quality decisions by bringing actionable insights from data.
Within Data Science & Analytics (DSA), we have three distinct roles. We believe that each role can make a similarly sized business impact in different ways, and therefore, our salary ranges are the same for all three roles. To understand your role within DSA context better, here are brief descriptions of each role we have in the department:
- Analytics Engineers are responsible for data curation – translating data needs from stakeholders into architecting, building and maintaining efficient & reliable data models and pipelines.
- Decision Scientists are responsible for generating actionable insights and identifying and scoping opportunities. They maintain and contribute to automated tools that increase the quality of product and business decisions by applying statistical methods and data-driven decision-making.
- Data Scientists are responsible for the identification of algorithmic opportunities, ensuring those opportunities are addressed in an optimal fashion and designing, developing and maintaining production-grade statistical and machine learning algorithms.
In this position, you’ll
- Be your team’s primary point of contact to provide answers to data-related questions.
- Ensure these questions are answered in an optimal fashion (e.g. in the form of an ad hoc deep-dive, experiment, dashboard, or automatically recurring analysis).
- Work alongside other decision scientists to detect and investigate specific fraud patterns.
- Collaborate with your team and stakeholders to identify strategic opportunities and answer critical business questions.
- Analyse identified opportunities to understand their scope and impact (i.e. size opportunities).
- Own the key performance indicators for a team, including selection, tracking, forecasting, and proactively flagging issues.
- Enable your team and direct stakeholders to independently leverage data for business insights via self-serving and dashboarding tools (such as Looker).
- Define the requirements for A/B testing and analyse the results of A/B tests.
- Strong proven experience in Data Analytics (typically 4+ years of working experience or similar activities resulting in a similar level of proficiency).
- Statistical proficiency (In particular A/B testing).
- A good communicator who can present complex topics clearly and persuasively to different audiences.
- Strong analytical, strategic, and business skills.
- A degree in statistics, physics, econometrics, economics, business or a similar field.
- Working experience with at least one statistical programming language (Python, R, etc.)
- Proficient in SQL and experience with dashboarding tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Advantage: experience with Machine Learning techniques.
- Advantage: experience working in the Trust & Safety or Fraud-related area.
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- 25 days of paid annual leave
- Newest MacBook models
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
- Frequent team-building events
- Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
- A daily lunch allowance
- ClassPass (Gym Membership subsidy)
- Frequent team-building events
- Pension plan with total contribution of 12%, 8% by the Company and 4% by employee
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- An NS mobility card
- The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
- A dog-friendly office
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
We’ve adopted a hybrid workplace model where 2 days in office are recommended but not enforced. It’s up to you and your team to decide on the exact days you’ll spend working together in person.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
The salary range for this position is € 49,700 - € 82,800 gross per year.