Privacy Specialist, Data Subject Rights
Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with a growing member base of over 80 million registered members spanning 19 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 1,800 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
As part of Vinted’s Security and Privacy function, you will be supporting Vinted’s overall privacy compliance initiatives and member experience. You’ll become part of the ambitious Data Subjects Rights Team which is located in the Security and Privacy Governance Team. The Data Subjects Rights Team mainly focuses on creating an effective framework for the management of individuals’ privacy-related requests submitted to Vinted Group. Constant improvements of the enforcement of data subject rights is an integral part of the data privacy specialist role.
In this role you will collaborate with different Vinted teams such as Product, Community Support, Legal etc. You’ll report to the Security and Privacy Manager and work closely together with the whole Privacy team.
In this position, you’ll
- Create, update, maintain and otherwise implement effective framework for the management of individuals’ privacy-related requests
- Suggest and implement process and product-related improvements
- Monitor and analyse the statistics and analytics of individuals’ privacy-related requests
- Carry out the quality checks of customer support privacy-related deliverables
- Perform root-cause analysis of common mistakes and latest trends
- Handle certain individuals’ privacy-related requests as the 3rd line of support
- Manage the registries of privacy-related requests
- Take part in the risk management process
- Assist the DPO Office where relevant in case of an investigation by the authorities
- Assist the Privacy Awareness Manager with trainings for the CS agents
- At least 2 years of experience with data protection and privacy - have knowledge of GDPR and other data protection laws (e.g. ePrivacy Directive), and soft law sources (e.g. opinions and guidelines of European Data Protection Board, data protection authorities);
- Ability to translate GDPR and other data protection requirements into business language
- Have good analytical skills, including the ability to assess risk and impact to individuals from a privacy perspective
- Go-getter, solution-oriented, willing to take ownership
- Flexible and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Collaborative and able to build strong stakeholder relationships at different levels;
- Effective at explaining complex issues and solutions in a clear and concise manner
- Fluent in English;
- A CIPP/E or other privacy certification would be beneficial.
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- 25 working days of holiday
- Newest MacBook models
- Free access to an office gym
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
- Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
- Private health insurance
- On-site canteen serving delicious homemade food at discount prices
- Frequent team-building events
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
- A dog-friendly office
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10-13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
We’ve adopted a hybrid workplace model where 2 days in office are recommended but not enforced. It’s up to you and your team to decide on the exact days you’ll spend working together in person.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
The salary range for this position is € 2,808 - € 3,795 gross per month.