Manager of Data Science & Analytics, Payments Product
Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with millions of registered members spanning 20 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 2,000 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
We are building a payments organisation that moves billions of euros across our markets, and that helps us scale anywhere globally through an ecosystem of payments providers, compliance and regulation controls, ensuring the right payment experience along the way.
As the Manager of Data Science & Analytics, Payments, you will lead the Payments Intelligence team and Decision Scientist(s) in cross-functional product team(s). For the right person, it’s an exciting opportunity to get involved in the development of the new Payments Data capabilities in relation to the newly granted Vinted EMI licence. With more than 80 million Vinted members, the data stack behind all of their payments must adhere to the highest standards of performance and compliance: in this position you will ensure that we make high-quality data-driven decisions on what products to build and how to do it right.
Payments Intelligence is a Data Science & Analytics team composed of Data specialists from different sub-specialties (Decision Scientist, Data Scientist, Analytics Engineer) who work on a wide range of problems in the Payments domain, from ad hoc business analytics to fraud Machine Learning models to performant ETLs. As a leader of the team you would be directly responsible for mentoring this mixed team and guiding them towards the most impactful solutions within their fields. Thus you need to be well-versed in direct application of a wide range of analytical frameworks in Payments, be a good coach and a strong manager. In this dynamic role you will have a hands-on component to fill the gaps, and an opportunity to deal with a wide range of friendly stakeholders from Product, Finance, Engineering, Strategic partnerships, etc.
We are looking for a person with a combination of technical expertise, thorough knowledge of the payments data domain and strong managerial skills. If you have all three of these, apply now, because opportunities to leverage EMI licence on the base of 80 million users don’t often come along.
In this position, you’ll
- Lead the Payments Intelligence team (composed of Decision Scientist(s), Analytics Engineer(s), Data Scientist) and individual Decision Scientist(s) in cross-functional product teams
- Lead the day-to-day development of the new Payments Data capabilities in relation to the newly granted Vinted EMI licence
- Cover for Director of Data Science & Analytics, Payments, as needed
- Hire additional reports when needed
- Assist with technical challenges hands-on as needed
- Communicate with multiple stakeholders in the Payments domain (Product, Engineering, Finance, Strategic partnerships, etc.)
- Previous experience in leading a team of data specialists (e.g. Data or Decision Scientists, Data Analysts, Analytics or Data Engineers)
- Comfortable with leading and mentoring a wide range of data roles (Decision Science, Data Science, Analytics Engineering)
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent at stakeholder management
- Can handle medium complexity analytical tasks with Python / R or similar
- Comfortable with a high degree of uncertainty
- Advantage: Strong understanding of data in Payments industry
- Advantage: Knowledge of compliance w.r.t. EMI regulation
- Advantage: Experience with drafting and implementing data strategies
- Advantage: Experience working with cross-functional product teams
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- 30 days of paid annual leave
- Newest MacBook models
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
- Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
- A daily lunch allowance
- Frequent team-building events
- Hallesche Supplemental health insurance
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- Subsidised gym membership with ClassPass or Urban Sports Card
- A subsidised Deutschlandticket
- The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
- A dog-friendly office
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10-13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
We’ve adopted a hybrid workplace model where 2 days in office are recommended but not enforced. It’s up to you and your team to decide on the exact days you’ll spend working together in person.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
The salary range for this position is € 83,600 - € 103,300 gross per year.