iOS Engineer, Trust
Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with a growing member base of over 80 million registered members spanning 19 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 1,800 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
We’re looking for an iOS Engineer to join our Product Engineering team within the Trust domain. This domain is focused on ensuring that our services are useful and usable, and our members are safe from harmful content and activities.
Each team usually comprises Mobile Developers (iOS and Android), Web Developers, and 2-4 Back-end Software Engineers. You would have a chance to see your work and decisions impacting 20 million iOS and over 80 million total Vinted users.
If you’re skilled at writing elegant code, enjoy working on big-scale projects and have a broad understanding of the solutions and their interactions - then Vinted could be for you. Take a look at https://engineering.vinted.com to see what we’re up to.
In this position, you’ll
- Together with team engineers, refine, drive and develop product team related functionalities helping our users to feel safe and protected.
- Collaborate with other developers through GitHub pull requests and code reviews
- Work with iOS, Swift, and more
- Write unit tests for the code you write
- Understand the impact of the solution and how different parts of the solution interacts
- See your code affect 80 million members in general and 20 million iOS users
- Are motivated by difficult tasks and complex challenges that require deep understanding of technologies, trends and best practices
- Have knowledge of system architecture, are able to operate on a conceptual level (e.g. evaluate short-term vs. long-term solutions)
- You feel comfortable communicating in spoken and written English
- Can balance product and tech initiatives to be able to present value for the business
- Are never settling for the status quo and aim high value feels like immediate fit to you
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- 25 working days of holiday
- Newest MacBook models
- Free access to an office gym
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
- Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
- Private health insurance
- On-site canteen serving delicious homemade food at discount prices
- Frequent team-building events
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
- A dog-friendly office
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10-13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
We’ve adopted a hybrid workplace model where 2 days in office are recommended but not enforced. It’s up to you and your team to decide on the exact days you’ll spend working together in person.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
The salary range for this position is € 3,450 - € 4,667 gross per month.