Analytics Engineer, Strategy and Competitive Intelligence
Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with a growing member base of over 80 million registered members spanning 19 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 1,800 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
As a Competitive Intelligence Analytics Engineer, you will be responsible for developing, executing, and maintaining our competitive intelligence data processing and insight creation, gaining insights into the market landscape, growth and developments. You’ll be fueling our strategy with up to date market intelligence. This is a role that requires a strong understanding of data processing and data quality management, and we are looking for someone with an independent mindset, able to collaborate across functions and teams.
Within Data Science & Analytics (DSA) we have three distinct roles. We believe that each role can make a similarly sized business impact in different ways and therefore our salary ranges are the same for all three roles. To understand your role within DSA context better, here are brief descriptions of each role we have in the department:
- Analytics Engineers are responsible for data curation – translating data needs from stakeholders into architecting, building and maintaining efficient & reliable data models and pipelines.
- Decision Scientists are responsible for actionable insights, identifying and sizing opportunities, and automated tools that increase the quality of product and business decisions by applying statistical methods and data-driven decision making.
- Data Scientists are responsible for identification of algorithmic opportunities, ensuring those opportunities are addressed in an optimal fashion and design, development and maintenance of production-grade statistical and machine learning algorithms
In this position, you’ll
- Architect, build, and maintain automated scripts and data workflows to process web data into strategic insights.
- Monitor data pipelines, identify anomalies, and troubleshoot data quality issues in a timely manner with different internal and external stakeholders. Conduct root cause analysis to identify the source of data issues and work towards long-term solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Data Science, Engineering, and Strategy, to understand data needs and insights to be delivered, as well as managing external data providers
- Perform analysis to enrich the data with strategically relevant insights, creating data visualizations and reports to effectively communicate data quality insights to stakeholders, performing root cause analysis in case of issues in production processes
- Design and maintain data quality metrics and KPIs, providing insights into data accuracy and completeness.
- Analyze large datasets to identify trends, patterns, and anomalies that may impact data quality. Ensuring that you and other end-users are able to optimally use the data models - drive optimization, documentation, training, and monitoring of best practices
- Also, we work with Looker to disclose our data to the teams, experience in Looker is a nice-to-have.
- Proactively identify and drive opportunities to make Data Science and Analytics within Vinted even more impactful
- Proven experience: typically 2+ years (of working experience or alternative activities resulting in a similar level of proficiency) with data collection and monitoring as an Analytics Engineer, Data Engineer, Cloud Engineer or equivalent
- Fluent in SQL and Python. Working experience in a programing language like Java, Scala or similar
- Experience with DBT (data build tool) and Google Cloud Platform (incl. BigQuery) are an advantage
- Experience developing and maintaining data processing systems at scale and being able to make architectural decisions taking into account aspects like scalability, efficiency and reliability.
- Experience with data modeling.
- Excellent attention to detail. We are looking for someone who understands the value of documentation and clean, tidy code
- Independent working, capable of setting up, running and maintaining data processes without much support
- Strong communication & collaboration skills - able to build and maintain multi-functional relationships with various teams across the business as well as translate business needs into technical solutions
- Excellent at communicating in spoken and written English
- Advantage: Interest and experience in competitive intelligence
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- 25 days of paid annual leave
- Newest MacBook models
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
- Frequent team-building events
- Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
- A daily lunch allowance
- ClassPass (Gym Membership subsidy)
- Frequent team-building events
- Pension plan with total contribution of 12%, 8% by the Company and 4% by employee
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- An NS mobility card
- The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
- A dog-friendly office
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10-13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
We’ve adopted a hybrid workplace model where 2 days in office are recommended but not enforced. It’s up to you and your team to decide on the exact days you’ll spend working together in person.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
The salary range for this position is € 47,900 - € 64,860 gross per year.