Data Engineer, Data Infrastructure
Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with a growing member base of over 80 million registered members spanning 19 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 1,800 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
Vinted’s Data Platform team is looking for talent! A team who is building the platform to serve thousands of queries, handle PetaBytes of data, and serve over 1,800 customers is looking for a new member to join on the journey in building the state-of-the-art data platform. You will be joining the Data Infra domain where we are building products to enable our Data Capabilities across the Group. As a member of the On-Premises team you will be working closely with the team and other engineering teams to scale our existing platform and improve the customers’ experience. On a daily basis you will be faced with challenges that a 100 node cluster with 6PB of storage and 50TB of RAM will bring. And indeed we sometimes run out of RAM! Join us in an environment where complexity is not foreign and where bold moves are embraced!
Come join us in an organization which is hyper-focused on supporting and developing best-in-class engineering talent, as well as creating an inclusive team environment for people to do their best work.
In this position, you’ll
- Solve technical problems that have large scope, complexity, and business impact
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team, propose and implement solutions
- Advocate for improvements to product, performance, and security
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Knowledge of agile, DevOps & Automation - testing, build, deployment, CI/CD, etc.
- Experience with modern software development life-cycle
- Working proficiency and communication skills in written and verbal English
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with excellent organizational skills
- Experience working with Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experience with programming in Scala, Java, Python, Ruby or similar
- Experience working on building data platforms
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills
- Interest and ability to learn new software development skills and techniques
- Experience with distributed computing frameworks like Apache Spark
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem components, such as Hive and CDP.
- Not all listed technologies are required, so don’t hesitate to apply if you’re only familiar with a part of them or have worked with alternative technologies. We are interested in hearing about the value you can bring to the role, even if you don’t fulfil all the expectations.
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- 25 working days of holiday
- M1 MacBooks
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
- Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
- Private health insurance
- A daily lunch allowance
- Frequent team-building events
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
- A dog-friendly office
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10-13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
We’ve adopted a hybrid workplace model where 2 days in office are recommended but not enforced. It’s up to you and your team to decide on the exact days you’ll spend working together in person.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
The salary range for this position is € 4,950 - € 6,700 gross per month.