Financial Analyst - Payments
Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with a growing member base of over 80 million registered members spanning 19 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 1,800 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
We are building a payments organisation that moves billions of funds for second-hand items across our markets, an organisation that helps us scale anywhere globally through an ecosystem of payments providers, compliance and regulatory controls, and that ensures the right payment experience along the way.
We are looking for a Financial Analyst to join the Finance team within the Payments domain. In this role you will be part of a newly established team that is in progress of designing financial processes and controls to ensure accurate and efficient transactions processing and record keeping to offer users top notch payment operations, be compliant with regulatory requirements and contribute to the Marketplace business. As a Financial Analyst you will be supporting financial decision-making, responsible for payment cost forecasting, result analysis, control procedures and cost modelling as to opportunities in the market.
We are looking for someone who would be passionate about the product we’re building together, who is attentive to detail and proactive when it comes to designing new processes and optimising payment operations.
In this position, you’ll:
- Analyse payment transaction costs and trends to identify discrepancies in forecasts and provide insights on monthly fluctuations in payment costs that play a significant role in overall Vinted’s financial results.
- Prepare regular financial reports to the management and colleagues in the Payments domain.
- Perform long-term payment cost planning procedures and timely forecast updates depending on commercial conditions and changes in markets.
- Model payment cost scenarios based on different assumptions in markets where Vinted operates or is considering to operate in.
- Oversee accuracy and efficiency in Payment operations by performing daily transaction processing and client fund safeguarding controls (i.e. reconciling bank accounts, payment records, data sheets), investigating and resolving discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate records of financial transactions and reconciliations performed.
- Already be capable of or be in the process of learning to provide key information to stakeholders extracting financial and payment transaction related data from Vinted databases using SQL or similar programming languages.
- Work closely with Group Finance, Engineering and Data Science & Analytics teams, ensuring a harmonious collaboration.
- Enhance processes by continuously assessing control designs, identifying deficiencies, and suggesting improvements.
- Be part of regulatory reporting procedures.
- 2+ years of experience working in financial analysis / operations roles.
- A passion for numbers, attention to detail, strong analytical, problem solving and logical thinking skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks quickly and collaborate with different stakeholders.
- Understanding of SQL and experience with dashboarding tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, etc.) or an expressed desire to gain in-depth knowledge in the data science and analytics field.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with financial modelling, reconciliations and forecasting, bonus: experience in currency hedging and processing.
The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
25 working days of holiday
Free access to an office gym
Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
Private health insurance
On-site canteen serving delicious homemade food at discount prices
Monthly team-building events
A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
A dog-friendly office
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10-13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
We’ve adopted a hybrid workplace model and work from the office two days per week. It’s up to you and your team to decide on the exact days you’ll spend working together in person.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
The salary range for this position is 2,600€ - 3,408 € gross per month.
If this sounds interesting – you may well be just who we need!