Decision Scientist, Matching Intelligence
Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with a growing member base of over 80 million registered members spanning 19 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 1,800 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
As a Decision Scientist in Matching Intelligence, you will become a part of the Matching domain with a mission to improve our search engines, product categories, discovery channels and journeys, leveraging the content of our connected international markets and creating the most efficient recommendation systems for the buyers.
Matching Intelligence is the data analytics and science hub for the domain - the team is composed of decision scientists and analytics engineers that support different teams in the Matching domain with data insights, research and data products that enable faster experimentation and product development. We’re looking for someone who likes to work in a fast-changing environment, is willing to switch contexts by contributing to the domain’s goals and projects depending on priorities and is passionate about the product we’re building together.
Within Data Science & Analytics (DSA) we have three distinct roles. We believe that each role can make a similarly sized business impact in different ways and therefore our salary ranges are the same for all three roles. To understand your role within DSA context better, here are brief descriptions of each role we have in the department:
- Analytics Engineers are responsible for data curation – translating data needs from stakeholders into architecting, building and maintaining efficient & reliable data models and pipelines.
- Decision Scientists are responsible for actionable insights, identifying and sizing opportunities, and automated tools that increase the quality of product and business decisions by applying statistical methods and data-driven decision making.
- Data Scientists are responsible for identification of algorithmic opportunities, ensuring those opportunities are addressed in an optimal fashion and design, development and maintenance of production-grade statistical and machine learning algorithms.
In this position, you’ll
- Collaborate with your team (Matching Intelligence) and direct stakeholders from different teams in the Matching domain to identify strategic opportunities and answer key business questions
- Ensure these questions are answered in an optimal fashion (e.g. in the form of an ad hoc deep-dive, experiment, dashboard, or automatically recurring analysis)
- Analyse identified opportunities to understand their scope and impact (i.e. size opportunities)
- Get familiar with the Matching domain’s data and contribute to the key performance indicators for the team, including selection, tracking, forecasting, and proactively flagging issues
- Enable your team and direct stakeholders to independently leverage data for business insights via self-serving and dashboarding tools (Looker)
- Define the requirements for (A/B) testing and analyse the results of (A/B) tests
- Help to create a backlog with prioritised hypotheses and analyses
- Highly business-oriented and comfortable with iterative processes
- A good communicator who can present complex topics clearly and persuasively to different audiences
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A degree in statistics, physics, econometrics, economics, business or a similar field
- Statistical proficiency (e.g. A/B testing, regression analysis)
- Proficient in SQL and experience with dashboarding tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Programming experience (Python/Spark/Scala/R)
- Advantage: experience working in a tech company or in a cross-functional product development team
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- 25 working days of holiday
- Newest MacBook models
- Free access to an office gym
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
- Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
- Private health insurance
- On-site canteen serving delicious homemade food at discount prices
- Frequent team-building events
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
- A dog-friendly office
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10-13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
We’ve adopted a hybrid workplace model where 2 days in office are recommended but not enforced. It’s up to you and your team to decide on the exact days you’ll spend working together in person.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
The salary range for this position is € 2,150 - € 2,850 gross per month.