Senior Technical Program Manager
Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with a growing member base of over 80 million registered members spanning 19 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 1,800 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
We’re looking for someone who possesses strong project management, leadership, analytical, and drive for results rigour – as well as the ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of the organisation.
In this position, you will report to the Senior Engineering Director of our Marketplace Business Unit and lead highly impactful programs across the whole organisation. Your first project is to take care of the modularisation of our Core Monolith. This effort involves coordinating across all teams at Vinted. This project is strategically of top importance, as it will enable us to keep having a fast pace of delivery over the long term.
In this position, you’ll
- Drive multiple technical programs simultaneously, ensuring adherence to timelines, budgets, and quality standards
- Untangle the project complexity by clearly understanding and communicating the scope and dependencies. And making tracking of progress, KPIs and risks easy
- Dig deep to foresee where things (can) fall apart and eliminate roadblocks early
- Work closely with engineers, managers, and directors to align and deliver in a timely manner across different functions
- Ensure clear communication and strong governance of the projects that you lead. This means that every stakeholder within the organisation gets the necessary information on time and can take required action with no delay
- Use your technical expertise to inspire, untangle and unblock project milestones
- You have 5+ years of experience in project/program management field
- Possess the ability to convey technical information succinctly and clearly to individuals at all levels, from Engineers to C-level Executives
- You delivered cross-functional projects in highly complex environments
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a focus on delivering measurable results
- You have a proven track record of creating buy-in and delivering projects successfully
- You thrive and methodically bring clarity in situations full of uncertainty
- You are able to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of the organisation
- Foster a collaborative and results-oriented team environment, promoting innovation and continuous improvement
- You possess fluency in English, with the ability to articulate complex ideas clearly and effectively, both in writing and verbally
- Benefit: you bring technical knowledge and experience with monolithic and service architectures
- Benefit: you have relevant certifications, such as PMP or Agile certifications
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- 25 working days of holiday
- Free access to an office gym
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
- Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
- Private health insurance
- On-site canteen serving delicious homemade food at discount prices
- Frequent team-building events
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
- A dog-friendly office
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10-13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
We’ve adopted a hybrid workplace model where 2 days in office are recommended but not enforced. It’s up to you and your team to decide on the exact days you’ll spend working together in person.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
The salary range for this position is €6,375 - €7,500 gross per month.
If this sounds interesting – you may well be just who we need.