Manager of Data Science & Analytics, Finance
Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with a growing member base of over 80 million registered members spanning 19 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 1,800 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
As the Manager of Data Science & Analytics, Finance, you’ll be leading a newly established Finance Data Science & Analytics team. You and your team will take ownership of all of the analytical data that are used by Vinted’s Finance teams to ensure the accuracy, efficiency, and optimisation of financial resources throughout Vinted and pave the roads for all other ways that ‘data’ can bring value to our Finance teams. Initially, the team will consist of 2 Analytics Engineers, so this role also has a hands-on part. You’ll work for Vinted’s Group Finance team but remain part of Vinted’s Data Science & Analytics ‘capability function’ that unites everyone that’s principally concerned with extracting value from data across Vinted. You’ll initially report directly to our Vice President of Data Science & Analytics.
In this position, you’ll
- Build & Mentor a World-Class Team: Build, lead, and scale a top-tier team of Analytics Engineers with the potential to add Data Scientists roles once the time is ripe.
- Represent Finance in Data Science & Analytics: Ensure that the standards, processes, and tools of Data Science & Analytics meet the Finance team’s needs.
- Collaborate Seamlessly: Work closely with Data Science & Analytics, Group Finance, and business units’ Finance teams, ensuring a harmonious collaboration.
- Steer Vision and Strategy: Develop and drive the vision, strategy, and objectives for the Finance Data Science & Analytics team, aligned with the company's goals.
- Enhance Processes: Identify and advocate for the application of data to enhance financial processes through robust pipelines, machine learning, optimisation, and other techniques.
- Champion Data Governance: Develop and oversee robust data governance and quality frameworks to ensure the integrity of financial data. Own the processing of analytical data, including quality control, monitoring, flagging anomalies, and integration with financial tools. Act as a data privacy champion for Group Finance.
- Lead Financial (Data) Modelling: Oversee the development and maintenance of standardised financial data models integrating multiple sources and tools for sophisticated financial analysis and reporting.
- Drive Automation & Performance: Work with cross-functional teams to recognise opportunities for process automation, data optimisation, and performance improvement.
- You have an outstanding understanding of SQL and experience with dashboarding tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Familiarity with data modelling frameworks for analytical purposes (e.g. Kimball, Inmon, Data Vault)
- Solid knowledge of building robust, scalable data pipelines (e.g. using dbt, Spark, or other similar frameworks)
- You have solid knowledge of at least one statistical programming language (Python, R, etc.)
- You have experience as a manager
- You have outstanding business acumen, analytical skills, and long-term planning skills
- You are well-organised with a collaborative attitude and a strong sense of ownership
- You have outstanding English communication skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- You’re willing to frequently travel to our other offices (Vilnius/Berlin/Amsterdam)
- Bonus: you have knowledge of financial regulations, compliance standards (e.g., GAAP, IFRS), and/or processes
- Bonus: You have experience with Fivetran, and/or related modern data stack tooling
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- 30 days of paid annual leave
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
- Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
- A daily lunch allowance
- Frequent team-building events
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- ClassPass (Gym Membership subsidy)
- The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
- A dog-friendly office
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10-13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
We’ve adopted a hybrid workplace model where 2 days in office are recommended but not enforced. It’s up to you and your team to decide on the exact days you’ll spend working together in person.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
The salary range for this position is € 79,800 - € 98,500 gross per annum.
If this sounds interesting – you may well be just who we need!