Data Analyst / Decision Scientist, Reach Marketing
Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with a growing member base of over 80 million registered members spanning 19 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 1,800 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
At Vinted, marketing is one of the most impactful channels to grow our platform by making high-stake investment decisions. As a Marketing Decision Scientist, you’ll join our Marketing Data Science & Analytics team, where a mix of talented people with backgrounds from academia, econometrics, e-commerce, consulting, and media apply a scientific approach to solve worldwide business problems. In this team, we develop statistical and business models, create new methods to measure marketing success, perform advanced data analyses, and ensure that marketing data is reliable. You will have plenty of independence to show your talent but, at the same time, all the support you may need from the team, the DSA guild, and your lead. You will be crucial in moving millions of people to the path of sustainable consumption.
Within Data Science & Analytics (DSA), we have three distinct roles. We believe that each role can make a similarly sized business impact in different ways, and therefore, our salary ranges are the same for all three roles. To understand your role within the DSA context better, here are brief descriptions of each role we have in the department:
Decision Scientists are responsible for actionable insights, identifying and sizing opportunities, and automated tools that increase the quality of product and business decisions by applying statistical methods and data-driven decision-making.
Data Scientists are responsible for identification of algorithmic opportunities, ensuring those opportunities are addressed in an optimal fashion and design, development and maintenance of production-grade statistical and machine learning algorithms.
Analytics Engineers are responsible for data curation – translating data needs from stakeholders into architecting, building and maintaining efficient & reliable data models and pipelines.
In this position, you’ll
- Perform in-depth analyses of diverse marketing channels to gauge their effectiveness in driving user acquisition, retention, and revenue growth, with a special emphasis on optimising Reach/Offline media channels
- Investigate and map out how marketing initiatives contribute to revenue, focusing on key areas such as user acquisition, reactivation, and sustained engagement within a two-sided market framework.
- Monitor and interpret the outputs from sophisticated Media Mix Models, delivering clear and actionable insights to both peers and decision-makers to inform strategic planning
- Actively participate in enhancing measurement models by presenting data-backed findings to the analytics team and marketing colleagues
- Partner with marketing managers to co-develop and refine marketing deployment strategies
- Drive the usage of data & analytics within the organisation
- Occasionally help with ad-hoc requests (data questions and consultations, data bugs, analyses, etc.)
- Intermediate to extensive experience working full-time as a Decision Scientist, Data Analyst, or Data Scientist with exposure to marketing analytics or alternative activities resulting in a similar level of proficiency (typically 3+ years of experience in a full-time Decision Scientist role)
- Highly business-results-oriented and able to connect science with pragmatic problem-solving
- A good communicator who can present results in an informative and persuasive manner to a wide range of stakeholders
- Keen on collecting and sharing business insights with your team/company
- A graduate degree in statistics, econometrics, economics, business or a similar field
- Strong knowledge of at least one statistical programming language (R, Python, Stata, Matlab etc.)
- Fluency with SQL and experience with dashboarding tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Excellent at communicating in written and spoken English
- Advantage: Previous experience with Marketing ROI/ROAS models
- Advantage: Strong econometrics knowledge (statistical models, regression analyses)
- Advantage: Advanced knowledge of R/Python/Scala
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- 25 working days of holiday
- Free access to an office gym
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
- Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
- Private health insurance
- On-site canteen serving delicious homemade food at discount prices
- Frequent team-building events
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
- A dog-friendly office
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10-13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
We’ve adopted a hybrid workplace model where 2 days in office are recommended but not enforced. It’s up to you and your team to decide on the exact days you’ll spend working together in person.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
The salary range for this position is € 3,092 - € 5,645 gross per month.
If this sounds interesting – you may well be just who we need.