Site Reliability Engineer, Production Engineering
Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with a growing member base of over 80 million registered members spanning 19 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 1,800 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
We are looking for an engineer who would help us to evolve and maintain our cloud infrastructure. Currently, we have more than 3000 physical servers, deployed in our data centers in Vilnius and Amsterdam, but we also use multiple cloud providers extensively.
This position is in the Cloud team, responsible for cloud infrastructure running on multiple cloud providers: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Cloudflare, and even DigitalOcean.
We manage our whole infrastructure - configuration as code in Git repositories, automated tests on every pull request, and tooling for quick deployments at a scale. We deploy our cloud infrastructure as code with Terraform, Terragrunt, and Atlantis.
We use various cloud services like EC2, RDS, S3, EKS, CloudFront as building blocks for our services and infrastructure.
Here are some of the other technologies we use (with links to our blog!): CentOS 7, RockyLinux 8, Chef, Ruby, Go, MySQL, Vitess, ElasticSearch, Ceph, Cumulus Linux, Consul, Vault, Mcrouter, Memcached, Redis, Ansible, Kafka, Prometheus, Thanos, Grafana, Nginx, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes.
In this position, you’ll
- Build and maintain cloud based infrastructure across multiple cloud providers
- Help Vinted engineers develop performant, secure and scalable services
- Identify opportunities for improvement in our infrastructure and build solutions to implement them
- Monitor and debug problems in production to meet established SLO's
- Collaborate with the team on other infrastructure projects
- Experienced with Terraform or other cloud provisioning software
- Experienced with at least one major cloud provider: AWS, GCP or Azure
- Comfortable with standard software development components such as code version control system (Git), automated testing, continuous integration
- Have hands-on experience in software development or/and infrastructure automation
- Have a good understanding of IT infrastructure
- Fluent in English
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- 25 working days of holiday
- Newest MacBook models
- Free access to an office gym
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
- Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
- Private health insurance
- On-site canteen serving delicious homemade food at discount prices
- Frequent team-building events
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
- A dog-friendly office
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10-13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
The salary range for this position is €5,533 - €6,699 (gross) per month.
If this sounds interesting - you may well be just who we need!