Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with a growing member base of over 80 million registered members spanning 19 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 1,800 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
At Vinted, software engineers work in Product Engineering teams. Depending on the Product, the team may consist of only backend engineers, or a mix of iOS, Android, Web and backend engineers. You’ll be joining the Vinted Go domain where we work on various things like the technology used for the physical lockers network, drivers technology servicing the lockers, warehouses and sortation centres making sure the parcels reach their destination.
Our team is looking for Junior/Mid level Android Engineer who would like to work on internal apps to speed up our operations.
In this position, you’ll
- Work in an Agile team and shape the features to make our drivers’ and sortation employees’ lives better
- Develop Vinted Go Ops application.
- Write unit tests for all of the code you write
- Work with Android, Kotlin, Coroutines, and more
- Use monitoring tools for application improvements
- Own releases for firebase and Play store
- Experience in android apps development field
- You should be willing to learn and master new technologies & concepts
- You have a desire and commitment to grow personally and professionally
- You feel comfortable communicating in spoken and written English
- Have knowledge of system architecture, are able to operate on a conceptual level (e.g. evaluate short-term vs. long-term solutions)
- Can balance product and tech initiatives to be able to present value for the business
- Are never settling for the status quo and aim high value feels like immediate fit to you
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- 25 working days of holiday
- Newest MacBook models
- Free access to an office gym
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
- Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
- Private health insurance
- On-site canteen serving delicious homemade food at discount prices
- Frequent team-building events
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
- A dog-friendly office
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10-13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
We’ve adopted a hybrid workplace model where 2 days in office are recommended but not enforced. It’s up to you and your team to decide on the exact days you’ll spend working together in person.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
The salary range for this position is €2,650 - €4,667 gross per month.
If this sounds interesting – you may well be just who we need.