Senior Director Public Affairs
Brief info about Vinted
Vinted Marketplace is the largest online international C2C marketplace in Europe dedicated to second-hand fashion, with a growing member base of over 80 million registered members spanning 19 markets in Europe and North America. With a mission to make second-hand the first choice worldwide, Vinted enables people to sell and buy second-hand clothes and lifestyle items from each other, helping give those items a second or even third life.
Vinted Go launched in 2022, with a focus on developing products and solutions for more seamless shipping and delivery across Europe. Vinted Go has connected more than 40 carriers and more than 200,000 PUDO points across Europe to support the delivery of millions of parcels per year.
The Vinted Group, composed of Vinted Marketplace and Vinted Go, is headquartered in Vilnius, with workplaces in Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and over 1,800 employees. It is backed by six leading venture capital firms: Accel, Burda Principal Investments, EQT Growth, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sprints Capital.
Information about the position
We’re looking for an in-house Public Affairs Director with experience and robust knowledge of digital / platform facing issues, who would develop and execute a global strategy.
As Director of Public Affairs, you will work with the Public Affairs Manager and key cross-functional stakeholders to share the company’s perspective, respond to the legislative initiatives, and help relevant stakeholders to implement the respective regulatory changes.
We expect you to leverage your experience working with or in government, NGOs, corporate social responsibility or corporate public policy teams, as well as an ability to work across functions to develop and execute a global strategy and measure its success.
In this position, you’ll
- Build the Public affairs function for Vinted
- Define, lead and execute public affairs strategy to support business objectives at European & Global levels
- Lead the Public Affairs team
- Promote and represent Vinted vision and values before the government, think tanks, public interest groups or relevant industry associations
- Monitor relevant regulatory, policy and political developments, assess their impact on the company’s and deliver analyses to the key internal stakeholders
- Draft position papers and design other relevant materials on core policy and regulatory issues, by working across functions to ensure alignment between business objectives and the government affairs strategy
- Coordinate cross-functional working groups with a diverse set of internal partners
- Represent Vinted externally in publications, events, and policymaker settings
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 10-15 years of experience working on technology policy, ideally in a corporate environment
- Excellent project management skills with experience working with international teams and a variety of collaborators
- Knowledge of Internet technologies and the policy environments that surround them, and experience advocating on behalf of companies core tech policy issues
- Experience in structuring and organising the Public Affairs function, ideally within a tech-company
- Experience in working independently on public affairs and/or tech policy issues within government, think tanks, public interest groups or relevant industry associations
- A deep knowledge of the political and institutional dynamics at EU levels gained by working with policy makers and regulatory bodies at EU levels
- Ability to write and translate complex issues into a language suitable for either technical or non-technical audiences and to communicate impactfully in person and in writing
- Experience in executing cross-functional projects
- Experience in managing a team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with a high attention to detail, and drive projects to successful completion
- Autonomous, rigorous, curious and motivated
- Team player with can-do attitude, willingness to learn and ability to adapt quickly and in a rapidly changing environment
- The opportunity to benefit from our share options programme
- Competitive paid annual leave for the market
- Mental and emotional health support through the Mindletic app
- Frequent team-building events
- Home office support: we provide IT workstation equipment and a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture
- A personal monthly budget for shopping on Vinted
- The opportunity to spend up to 90 days per year - 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU - on workation
Working at Vinted
Individual Learning Budget
Vinted will set aside a yearly sum equal to 10-13.2% of your annual salary to be invested in your continuous professional development. You’ll be able to take the initiative to use it for covering relevant learning activities that benefit your role.
The Vinted Group is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, identities and life experiences. At Vinted, all applicants are treated fairly without regard to their race, age, religion or belief, sex, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
If this sounds interesting – you may well be just who we need!